Friday, March 11, 2011

Was this Jewelry sales person stereotyping because I'm black? Honestly? 10 PTS to best answer!?

Tonight I stopped by this New Jewelry store in town, to check out some engagement rings for my girlfriend. When I walked in, She asked me what I wanted, I told her I wanted to get something nice. Then she takes me over to this massive ring, that was marked down 80% apparently it was a 20,000 ring that was discounted to 4000. It was really " Loud ". Then the sales lady kept saying lines like, " This is the Bling bling ring, if she wants some bling on her finger, this is the one for her". I laughed it off, but she kept on saying bling while talking about the ring for about 10 minutes. Then she showed me some smaller rings, and she was like " These are nice, but They dont have that bling bling like the first one". It was almost nerve racking. I'm a Mixed wht/blk 28 yr old professional working middle class person. I'm not some Rap mogul , thug, gangsta, I have no problem with those types, many of my friends are thuggish. But I dont even use the word " Bling " In my vocabulary. The Sales woman was by the looks of it a mid 40's white lady. Location Atlanta ga. My question is, was this inappropriate dialog? I was wearing golf clothes ( this happened after taking golf lessons ). Was she stereotyping me? It just sounded so corny, Maybe she was trying to be hip, but I'm not thuggish at all, Infact, my friends tell me I sound white! I don't get this Bling bling ?

No comments:

Post a Comment