Saturday, March 12, 2011

What will happened now? I sideswiped a vehicle, called the police and they got my insurance info.?

I sideswiped a car because I was on a street with parking on both sides~there was also snow on both sides so vehicle were not parked all the way to the curb. Unfortunately, there was another vehicle coming from the other end of the street and there was not where for me to park to let that car pass, so I tried to drive by the side of that car but ended up hitting a parked car, which caused my side mirror to break and dangle from it's wires. I tried to figure out which car I hit but wasn't certain. When I got home I called the police to report it, and office called me, and asked me questions about what happened, why I left, and he got my insurance information (insurance company name, phone number, and my policy number.) So what happens now? I didn't hear what the officer said at the end of our conversation about the insurance and didn't want to ask "what?" again. Will the insurance company be called and told about it? (Note: I don't know which vehicle I hit and so no information on that car is available. No one turned me in either or called about a hit and run.)

No comments:

Post a Comment